11-14-23 Ragusa

 I feel like I’m in a Gothic alternate universe.  Everyday is Saturday and all I have to do is soak up life. 







Maybe anger is too big of an issue for me to resolve or figure out. I’ll choose something else.  How about happiness or living life fully.  





Just some photos from my morning walk. I’m off to another cemetery!

The road to the Cemetery was below old town, hardly a car went by.  The canyon was gorgeous, with many of the stone walls typical to this province and old terraces as well.





The cemetery was not as big as Enna’s but it was another beautiful place to visit. 









I was heading to some location with caves, but keep in mind, I was following Google Fucking Maps.  The road to the caves looked totally like private property, I passed. 

Not to much farther on, I turned around to old town. Funny how the views are different on the way back.




In the valley below, I saw five or six hikers on a very appealing white gravel road. I wanted to get there. Google Fantastic Maps showed a little trace.  I found a funky and overgrown stairway down. 


It ended in a blockage of blackberries.
My second try down was simply delightful and magical.  It was still overgrown, but obviously used. Downward I went with child like anticipation.






The trail took me down to a clear flowing stream, first I had seen the whole trip.  Most of the rivers I saw were green, slow moving swampy things. I got on the lovely and quiet white gravel road, and walked along the stream until it reached the highway bridge.

So back I walked, with the sweet sound of flowing water to the creek crossing.  But I went just a little further around the bend to find a marked trail up the hill. Turns out it is part of another Camino, starting in Spain, going though Sardinia, Sicily and ending in Malta. Wow. 
Maybe I’ll hike the part uphill tomorrow.






The trail ends here. Just below my place. 

Sometimes travel is frustrating and challenging.  You have seen that in these postings. Sometimes everything just gels, into a perfect day. I have had many stellar days so far, and today was certainly one of them.




Thanks for following along peoples.

Late addition:  went out for a walk after dinner in the night, which I have not done so much. Saw a giant meteor streak across the sky. Haven’t seen something like that in decades. 

WhatsApp. +17072241531
Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo