12-3-23 Travel Infinity

 It seems like I should buy a place here I’ve been here for so long. I’ve had a series of huge adventures here.  Naples seems like a decade ago. The Camino across the island was years ago. The Gothic/Baroque cities months ago.  And tomorrow I will be in Palermo, which will seem like being with an old friend. Buying good food at Capo Market. Soon after, my dear home in Napa.  But I’m not done yet!!


Morning walk; brought to you most mornings at 6:30. 







On the way, later on, to the cemetery!!





It was a nice cemetery.  We just don’t have cemeteries like this. We don’t do death like this. People visit the dead regularly.

Then I find this eclectic little treasure of a museum, right down my street.  
Well, a local Baroness!
She cut that head right off.  
Not Bethlehem.
This was the treasure of the museum. By an artist known as Messina. 
This blew my mind.  A solid piece of ivory. Carved so that, three internal concentric spheres inside can move independently.  Look at it and think about it. How was it done?  The ancients had way more concentration and focus than we will ever have. 








There was even taxidermy!!  Note the hedgehog.  They live here on Sicily.
This was my favorite.  Sunrise on Cefalù. 1800s
This was an extensive library of over 3700 books from all over the place in its time. 


Really good Negroni at the Piazza! Another great day. 

Check in if you care to. 
WhatsApp +17072241531
Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo