11-30-23 Greek Theatre and Spiaggia Di Isola Bella

 The beautiful beach of the Island- or the beautiful island beach, or a bitchin’ beach.  

On the morning walk- brought to you most days at 6:30- I went down and sideways which took me to a Belvedere, or overlook, that I hadn’t found before.

From the Belvedere I saw this.  It is the same shape as Sveti Stefan in Montenegro.  Look up images.  Only smaller.  So I made note of that.
The light is always better in the morning!

Yup, finally figured out that’s mainland Italy in the distance. 

I had to go see the Greek theatre in town. It was amazing. 

I think it is a bit bigger than Syracuse Greek theatre.
What a setting. It was stunning and the weather was perfect. 


That is Taormina.

So the end of November, what could make my day better?

Tim- the discoverer of super cool trails!!




Turns out, at the base of the Belvedere or look out vista point thingy, there is a nice stairway shortcut down to this amazing beach. Apparently in summer it’s nuts, but today was a perfect day to go to the beach and swim (With little jellyfish and other sea creatures) . 






Come on people.  It’s November 30 and I swam in the sea and the temperature was fine. So sublime!

Lunch was $3.  I had salami and cheese. Bought some tangerines and an orange soda and a piece of bread. I’m almost Italian at this point.
Back up the trail I discovered. 
A nice park just before getting into town 

Poinsettias are blooming. 

Well thanks for following along.  

I was so homesick a while back, and got over it.  I can’t push time faster than it travels. Today was a gem of a day among all those other days we can’t remember, because they are so much like so many other days. I think one does not have to travel so far to get these experiences.  To be happy you need a beach, the right clothing and a little food. At least today that was a good recipe for happiness.  Tomorrow will be a different day. Hopefully as good as today. Right? With no expectations, could work out. 


WhatsApp +17072241531

Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo