11-26-23. Ortigia

 Morning walk:  

Look close and you’ll see Etna behind that inverted ice cream cone. 

More Etna behind Syracuse.
Another glorious sunrise.  


Visited the shared space/library a floor above me .






The big thing I did today and the thought for the day:

I got to swim in the Mediterranean in November.  The water was cold but very tolerable.  Clear beautiful salty water   


I wondered if I would get up the nerve to go swimming, like I doubt myself somehow. This is a pretty easy place to get in. No waves, other people swimming.  Why the doubt?  Oh , I forget I’m human and  that sometimes comes with the territory.  And I feel great that I got a swim in. I forget how much life the ocean gives me. Why don’t I go to Sonoma Coast more often?  

Then I had a Negroni with Snoop Dog and the insider trading felon, Martha.

The people at this cafe are so nice and friendly, even though they are right in the tourist central location. 

Ten more days.  Almost two months here. I’ve learned many a lesson and hoping to learn more before my return.

I have lovely Taormina to look forward to, a possible day tour of Etna, Cefalù which will have ocean and hiking, then back to the jewel of Sicily, Palermo, which will feel like home to me. The market with so much good food. 

WhatsApp +17072241531
Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo