11-24-23. Syracuse/Ortigia

 


Taxi drivers united against the wars. 


It was raining this morning in Noto.  The weather button said sunny but it wasn’t. I passed time watching Netherlands winning the David Cup. What a great match. 

It was a super easy one hour train ride to Syracuse.  Easy walk to my place. I’m finally right on the ocean.  It’s wonderful.




My lovely and talented hosts. We all like yellow.
Typewriter collection. This is only a small part of it. I was encouraged to write something on paper- remember writing papers on manual typewriters?  No, some of you don’t. 
The entryway into the building.

My hosts have a publishing house in Syracuse.  My place is on the island of Ortigia.  They gave me an extensive introduction to the area and the building in which I’m staying. One whole floor is a common area which includes their own private library.  I can go up and hang out with people, but nobody else is here. 



Needs air .  



At one time , Syracuse was the largest city in the ancient world. The Duomo appears to be an Ancient Greek temple that was built into a church. 








This place is like all of Sicily wrapped into one place. It’s definitely perked up my travel spirits. Noto was amazing but small. This place has a lot to explore.


Hi bike shop 



Plus it’s on the Mediterranean Sea. It’s lovely water so clear, begging me to go swimming. 



WhatsApp +17072241531

Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com

Keep in touch peoples!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo