11-19-23 Scicli

 Pronounced: she kli 


Rita was a treasure of a host. So vibrant, so helpful, so wonderful.  She drove me to Scicli this morning at 10:00.  

Just a bit more reflection here.  Homesickness, disappointed, sadness are conditions I guess I can cling to as long as I want. Or I can let them go naturally, as most conditions in my life, probably yours too, just change on their own. Or maybe I think I need to be homesick, because it’s happened before.  I would like to cling to the fully alive moments I’ve had here, and they change to something else eventually.  Traveling is like life.  In life we travel through time. In travel I think: I may never be here again.  In life it’s the same, you will not be in that day you just had again. It’s a vector. One direction.  


Last morning walk in Modica  

Stairs and dead ends on my side of old town.




I had to go up obscure stairs to find this church. My mission is to take a picture of every church I see.




And back home. 

Scicli-a small, cute, clean town where Sunday means Antique market and closed food stores, but I planned ahead.










You can’t get there from here. 

Managed to hike up the hill (Google maps worked fine thanks Matt) to a convent, which was closed. Came back down into town, headed up hill to a church, but all stairways led to dead ends in dubious neighborhoods.




So close to the Mediterranean and Tunis. 



Oh- I popped into a couple churches along the way. There are like a hundred here- well maybe 20.



Thank you for following along. Keep in touch. 

WhatsApp +17072241531

Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo