12-5-23 My pal Palermo

 Seriously, I love it here. It has some amazing pedestrian only roads/districts, old buildings everywhere and a church for every resident, it seems. 

Morning walk brought to you most mornings at 6:30:

Some really nice church near dozens of nice churches!
Teatro Massimo decked out for the Xmas nightmare ahead.
Another church down the street from the bigger church that is across from my apartment.
Palermo Cathedral, across the street from a smaller church which I neglected to take a photo of, because I can’t get a photo of them all (though I try).

The Capo market keeps me fed. It has a lot of good produce, seafood, restaurants, wine shops, souvenirs.  I have latched on to a place for lunch that has a quite vibrant front man that can get people seated in the restaurant.



This is a busy place and still there are scooters making their way through.  
This is my place. 
So yesterday’s lunch was €20. A bit more expensive than I thought it should be.  They showed me a bill and I paid it.  Today, the front man had a little conversation with the staff. My lunch was €7. 

Same thing at another place where I got to-go food for dinner.  Yesterday:€10. Today €8 . Same exact order.  It pays to make  a ‘friend’ in Sicily.

The front man.  He’s loud, friendly, knows how to say something in 10 languages.  
I had nothing better to do than get some Italian eye frames.  Holy Shit. Yesterday when I saw them , the price was €220. So what. Except today, another person was in the shop, no price tag, walked out with a sweet deal. Way less!
Souvenir alley. 
Palermo Cathedral.

I’m just eating food and relaxing until I hop on that 4:00 AM train to the Palermo Airport on Thursday.  I’ll be so happy when I get home. 

Keep in touch. Love!

WhatsApp +17072241531
lemonspomagranet@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo