11-28-23 Taormina

 Hey kids. These are in reverse order. 

Note that the Taormina station is right by the ocean
On the way to Taormina, I saw Etna cloaked by clouds.

This is an official train. Not those two car, graffiti covered rascals.

It took two hours to go 51 miles to Taormina.  Easy.  I walked up from the train station.  I know I trash Google maps, but today it led me up an actual trail into town.

I had to walk about 400 meters before getting off the main road. 
Yup!  That’s Taormina above.
The train station below. 
This is the trail up to town. 


The trail turned into a street, but it was still very steep up to town.  
Going to my apartment 
Closer. 
View from the street by my place. 

I explored town and climbed about 500 stairs to a church with a good view and a rock ceiling.

The stairway up. 
If you look closely you can see the Greek theatre 
Church with a rock ceiling 



Mount Etna. Where I will be tomorrow.  I booked a half day tour for €65. We will see how that turns out. 


More Mount Etna. 









Time:  what a construct of our lives. These last three weeks seem like it’s telescoping out to infinity.  It seems like it’s going on forever.  
In contrast, working this summer it seems like months were passing like days. 
At this point in life, I want time to pass slowly.  So why does my western mind anticipate the next thing so readily?  What a paradox.  

Time will pass soon enough and the next thing will be here. No use pushing it forward with so much effort. 

WhatsApp +17072241531
Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo