11-21-23 Noto

 Really smooth travel day. Left the really nicely done apartment in Scicli at 7:45, walked 5 minutes to the train station and was on a funny little two car train to Notoby 8:30.




I arrived at 9:30. It was a quick 20 minute walk up to old town. On my way up, got a text my apartment was ready. ( Ready at 10AM That’s a miracle). Really nicely done space.

All these little towns: Enna, Ragusa, Modica, Scicli and now Noto, have all been wonderful.  Noto just seems to have a bit more of a distinctive, powerful atmosphere.  It’s big and plentiful, and it’s buildings from the mid 1700s  are holding up well and not deteriorating like Modica and Scicli. 









Shopping for food is the first thing:  
  1. Meat store for marinated chicken. 
  2. Small food store for fruit, veggies, lentils and eggs
  3. Bakery-salumeria for bread and salami
  4. Cafe for a rice ball and croissant for breakfast
  5. Sicily products tourist place for olive oil and wine from Etna Region

Five places. There are no supermarkets Ethel!









Well my thought for today is how my western mind manufacturers homesickness.  Like I get a whim I want something, like to be back home, and I expect it to happen now. What other culture expects instant gratification.  I was raised with it and I expect it to happen.  Gosh am I spoiled. I think I can handle these fantastic historical places in Sicily for two more weeks. No problem. Shit, what was I thinking. I think I’m ok after all.  










Ok peoples. Thanks for the messages and emails. If it wasn’t you, send one. Keep in touch!

WhatsApp +17072241531
Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo