11-20-23 F Google Maps-Again

 But it did lead me to a wonderful place. Don’t assume it has factual information, that’s our downfall, we assume all this tech shit is correct.

But first, the morning walk. Brought to you each morning at 6:30 AM. Enjoy. 

Quirky little neighborhood up to a decaying church on the hill. 


This is the most iconic of the 25 churches in Scicli, a town of 27,000.  Ironically I have no photos of the big church on the hill.

So you can almost guess how this will turn out. I found a place called “ Necropoli di Contrada Ronnafridda” basically a place where bodies were placed in rock repositories.  Looked cool.  The distance was right.  And the cemetery was on the way.  Sign me up.





The first part of the walk was on a busy-ish two lane road.  But just past the cemetery, my navigation took me onto my much beloved Provincial Road, which has virtually no traffic.

Freshly plowed fields.
Puffy white clouds.
Many abandoned houses-no people anywhere.
Great rock walls everywhere.





Let’s just say this was a great little walk even with the fuck up that Google Fucking Maps can deal to the hopefuls. 

So I get to the turn off for this site, and it is so obviously a driveway into private property.
There is a gate, there are buildings ahead. Isn’t AI smarter than that. 

But I was so blissed out by the scenery, lack of dogs, great weather, I continued on for a little while.






On the way back, ran into that unexpected sheep herd.  The shepherd pulled back the little sheep dogs just in time. 

After a well earned nap, I found a strange part of the city that has dwellings built into rock walls where there are probably small caves.

Entrance to a cave home with smoke stack. 


Then I saw a church door across the way, that led into the rock wall. 
Stairway to the church door
Leading into the cave 
The interior of the church. Spooky!

The walkway down. 

Leaving for Noto very early tomorrow.  Looks like my accommodation there will check me in before 12:00 which is amazing.  

WhatsApp +17072241531
Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com
Keep in touch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo