10-29-23 Prizzi to Camaratta

 By car-  I did walk 4 Km up the trail to Castronova and back to Prizzi, just to see what some of the trail may have been like. I had coffee with Karen and the rest of the Australian group. ( sorry I didn’t get everyone’s name). I saw them on the way back. 




The first valley head toward Castronova.  I was kind of sad I wasn’t doing the whole hike but the choice to be in Camaratta was right for me.

People are super friendly and they have a lot to tell you about the Camino. 

On the way back I met a whole herd of sheep and their hearder.







Nicholetta took me to Camaratta, a 30 Km trip for €50. Well worth it. Another guest of hers went along for the ride.


Turns out all three of us were teachers. 

I have the image of cities being flat.  They are not that way here in Sicily. They are on steep hillsides. 


I went for an afternoon walk but it was 50 minutes of steep uphill streets to get out of town,






So I almost wanted to quit I was so spent after the last two days of long hikes. But I got a ride two stages ahead to here .  The hotel here is helping me get a taxi to a town halfway to my next stop on Wednesday.  I will pay anyone to get me halfway on the next section on Thursday, then I’m only four hikes away from the end, each of which I will need rides to shorten the distances, before I reach Agrigento.  

Thanks for reading

WhatsApp. +17072241531

Lemonspomagranet@gmail.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naples 2

11-7-23 To Caltanissetta

12-6-23 Palermo